Thursday, February 08, 2007

Solar Powered People: The Shoegazers Are Coming!

I was going over my “to listen” pile when I came across the self titled album by “Solar Powered People”. After a really impressive opener I was ready to turn on the computer and start writing. As the songs progressed, I found myself drowning in a wave of delays fuzz boxes and floating vocals….And then I remembered: The shoegazers are coming back!
Which begs a little history lesson…
With the success of bands like ‘Jesus and Mary Chain’, a new genre was born in the mid 80’s. The term was coined after the band’s odd style of performance, which consisted mainly of staring at the floor while playing. Sound-wise it incorporated walls of guitar, endless riffs and bucket loads of feedback.Read more on The Plugg Music Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home